Friday, July 30, 2010

My last month in Europe...

As my fun filled 2010 summer comes to an end, I can look back and say that this has truly been an experience of a lifetime. Feeling a little bit less than fulfilled as a Sales Lead Manger for Restoration Hardware and wanting to give one last chance to an incredible relationship I found myself putting in my two weeks and packing my bags for a summer of adventure in Europe. Well I can safely say that that is exactly what I got.

I have been fortunate enough to visit 7 countries on this trip and live in two! My last month was spent living in the small town of Aachen right on the Belgian/German border in a beautiful apartment. There was an incredible market and downtown area where it's said that Charlemagne's remains are buried and the best part is that there is the most incredible ice cream shop right around the corner from the house. For 1.60 you can have about 500grams of ice cream piled high onto an incredible fresh baked cone. I love this guys' style because he opens every day in the morning, makes four kinds of ice cream (lemon, mocha, chocolate & vanilla) in huge quantities and when he runs out, he shuts his door. Needless to say there's a line out the door and down the street to this place most days I come here. I've definitely been incorporating this wee treat much more often into my daily rituals than is needed.As my Aug. 8th departure date approaches, I've been trying to connect with an old friend of mine Meghan from high school as she's been traveling around Europe as well. We decided on meeting in Venice since we'd both never been and then heading over to Trieste which is the last little beach town before you hit the Slovenian boarder and then on to Croatia which is definitely on my top 5 list. I'd never been to this part of Italy but I can never complain about Italy. It has to be my most favorite place in the entire world...although there's still a lot to be discovered. I had such a great time with Meghan and as a special treat her sister Carrie-Lynn joined us.

No comments: